5NEWS (KFSM) in Fayetteville is looking for a Senior Producer who can bring creativity, energy, and leadership to continue to grow the number one morning show in Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley.
We're searching for someone with a proven ability to create, produce and write news of the day and enterprise content for our morning show, candidate will work with our team of morning producers as well as a team of talented journalists. This producer will have strong skills, strong leadership qualities and strong creative ideas about how to make newscasts stand out from our competitors.
This producer loves to own their show, while working with a team to make it better. They can find the balance between hard-hitting news, storytelling with context, and moments of fun that make a morning show great. They’re not afraid to try something new, and they’re always up for a challenge.
The core values of 5NEWS are Inclusion, Trust, Respect, Collaboration & Growth.
- Line produce the 6:00 a.m. newscast Monday through Friday
- Respond to breaking news while managing the timing of the show
- Produce content and engagement for broadcast, digital and social media
- Help lead the content and continued transformation of 5NEWS mornings
- Be a leader in the newsroom
- College degree in journalism, communications or similar
- 1-3 years experience full-time newscast producing
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.