KING 5 is on a mission to “Stand for Truth” by creating smart and engaging newscasts that focus on accountability and storytelling. Our team is looking for a Senior Producer that shares our passion for finding and defending fact, is authentic and transparent and pushes to break new ground and care deeply about our local community. You will report to the Dayside Executive Producer and collaborate with evening show producers, anchors, reporters, and photojournalists. We are searching for a rising newsroom leader who can coach, collaborate, and execute under deadline.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work with a team to craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and segments for the evening newscasts.
- Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Enterprise ideas, by pitching your own stories and working with others to execute theirs
- Calmly handle live, breaking news in collaboration with producers and EP
- Write conversationally and cut video for broadcast
Required/ Minimum Requirements:
- 5+ years of producing experience in a medium or large market
- Strong news judgement and use of analytics to determine content and teases
- Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, editing and content management systems a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- BA/BS College Degree or related experience
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
We are offering a competitive salary along with benefits such as paid time away from work, health savings account, 401K, paid parental leave, fertility and family planning care, adoption assistance, tuition assistance and student loan refinancing.
This position is full-time, hourly, and non-union.
We are an equal opportunity employer
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.