KIII 3NEWS in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is seeking an experienced and SENIOR DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER. The ideal candidate writes accurate, compelling content with a sense of urgency to help 3NEWS beat the competition. We’re looking for someone who is also willing to teach and train less experienced digital content producers to help our newsroom grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Write accurate, informative stories for both on-air and online with strong viewer value in an exciting, captivating and conversational tone
- Produce up the biggest stories of the day, drawing attention to them with pictures, sound, graphics, and an enhanced presentation
- Analyze and actively use data and metrics to inform editorial and strategic decisions
- Work with the Director of Digital Content to teach, coach and mentor digital content producers and multi-platform associate producers
- Use social listening to find new content, enterprise stories and make contacts
- Help oversee station efforts in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and continues to help us dominate the region. It’s much more satisfying to work for the number one station because you know everyone is watching.
- Our People – we want this to be a place where people come, learn and grow. You should be able to have fun while helping improve the lives of the people we serve. We plan to invest in you and your career. We want the station to be successful, but we also want to help you reach your career goals.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. We have more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. And you’re never far from the beach. You can live downtown, live in the suburbs or even live on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from the water.
- At least 2 years of content experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
- Ability to work various shifts, including mornings, nights and weekends
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Texas/regional knowledge is a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.