At 9&10 News of Northern Michigan you will find a thriving, robust and exciting company with a world class facility and location in beautiful Northern Michigan. We offer competitive pay, first class benefits and opportunities to learn and grow alongside accomplished leaders in the industry.
The Company: Heritage Broadcasting’s roots began on air in 1954 and we have been growing and evolving ever since! We are proud to be the News Leader in Northern Michigan! Today, we are home to news, weather, and entertainment content, 9&10 News, Local 32, and CW 32 as well as ME TV, Lake Effect Digital, MyNorth Media, ION, and Mane Content.
The Position: As the Senior Accountant, you will not only be the lead for the organizations function of accounts receivable but will be engrossed in various balance sheet reconciliations, special projects, and auditing schedules. This position includes tight deadlines and a multitude of financial activities and will report to the organizations Controller. The exact responsibilities for this position will be determined by the experience of the candidate hired.
- 401K with a Company Match
- 17 Days PTO
- Relocation Allowance
- Flexible Schedule
- Innovative: Our industry changes every day. Fresh ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
- Motivating & Engaging: Regardless of position or job title, you will find our team members are proud of their contributions, individual and team accomplishments, and they love to celebrate them!
- Collaborative: No one person or department is able to do it all. We rely on our strengths and weaknesses to complement one another to create an unbeatable team.
- Inclusive: We know to get all kinds of ideas, we need all kinds of people!
- Responsible for detailed analysis and reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts and the related journal entries.
- Directly oversee monthly invoicing and statement preparation for the organizations clients.
- Prepare and/or review the daily cash deposits to ensure the accurate application of cash to the client sub ledger and to ensure proper backup documentation.
- Oversee the organizations fixed asset recordkeeping and reconciling sub ledgers as necessary.
- Communicate effectively and often with internal and external contacts such as accounting staff, managers, sales team, and executives.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures, internal controls, and polices for accounts receivable and the accounting department as a whole.
- Prepare, analyze, adjust, interpret, and distribute monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports.
- Work with the Controller and CFO on special projects to improve efficiencies between the organizations departments.
- Assist Controller with preparing audit schedules and ensuring an accurate and timely annual audit
- A degree in accounting or a related field is required
- CPA designated candidates are preferred
- Must have strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a positive attitude.
The Location: Heritage Broadcasting is based in beautiful Northern Michigan. This position will be based out of our Traverse City office. This is a great place to live, work and play! With rich forests, trails for miles, sand dunes, and an abundance of shoreline, it’s easy to see why we love it so much! Northern Michigan truly offers something for everyone with our beautiful four seasons and opportunity for year round outdoor adventures!
Are you ready? Are you excited? Let’s talk!
Heritage Broadcasting is an EEO Employer.
see job detail
see job detail