KOIN 6 TV/Portland’s CW, a Nexstar Media Group Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon has an immediate opening for a Sales Promotions Coordinator. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits and an exhilarating work environment.
JOB SUMMARY: Execute & coordinate all aspects of sales promotions and coordination of lifestyle segments/ show that generate revenue to help achieve targeted goals for both television & internet platforms.
About Us: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland’s CBS affiliate providing local news, network and Syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out for You with 33 hours of local news broadcast each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigation, news weather and traffic. We also offer the best in entertainment and local sports with KRCW, Portland’s CW Affiliate.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- The development of all aspects of sales promotions from conception through execution, working with the clients, sales, promotions, news & internet departments.
- The collection of all necessary client materials, logos, etc., inputting the promo orders and following up with a client summary need to be executed in a seamless and timely manner.
- Work as an integral part of the Portland Sales team to generate innovative sales promotions and procedures to make the sales team more efficient and more successful including managing of sold forms and assuring all information is collected.
- Demonstrate professional leadership to both the clients and other members of the sales team and assist in creating a positive environment in which to conduct business. Work closely with sales managers and make presentation calls with account executives.
- Act as liaison between the Sales, Marketing and News Departments.
- Booking of shoots for Lifestyles Show including providing clients with day of production procedures and touchpoints and collection of necessary assets.
- Scheduling of segments and live shots. Includes client coordination, writing of scripts
- Coordination of news tickers, weather sponsorships and other on-air segments. Includes calendar management of commitments, providing news team with on-air graphic assets.
- Coordinate Day of Giving efforts with clients.
- Work with Creative Services on station promotion and events including those with on-site participation.
Specialized Knowledge /Skill/Abilities: Candidate must have great organizational skills and be creative. Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize. Quick-thinking problem-solver.
Education/Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience, Microsoft offices skills, especially power point, and college degree required.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail, PowerPoint, Excel, Googledoc, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Group Career Portal: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel or portfolio (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers – First Time users must create an Account
No phone calls or walk-ins – you must apply online at KOIN.com
About Us: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland’s CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar