Each semester an internship program in the Local 4 Sales department will be offered to a college-level student with the opportunity to learn the business from the inside. The intern will experience first-hand the process of how television sales develop from beginning to the end.
Sales Interns will participate in the following daily functions:
• Learn terminology and software tools of the sales department: Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Sales
• Learn developmental business strategies and skills
• Work with research director to learn ratings terminology
• Work with digital team to learn digital sales practices
• Assist AE’s with order input, order maintenance
• Assist AE’s with creating special packages for clients
• Assist AE’s with digital orders, packages
• Assist sales support staff with daily execution of client support
• Go on sales calls with sales people
• Help put together sales presentations
Local 4 internships are paid positions. The applicant must be eligible to earn credits from his or her college/university or the equivalency if a trade/technical school.
Interested candidates should apply several months prior to the semester in which they hope to work.
Interested candidates will be referred to the various departments for interviews and selection is based on the intern’s interest and qualifications.
Please complete the online application link below and upload resume,cover letter and Internship Supervisor approval statement.
While we try to provide a positive learning experience, there are some things a Local 4 Sales Intern should NOT expect:
> To attend client lunches or dinners
> To attend media parties or social events on behalf of Local 4
HOW TO APPLY
• Karren Yurgalite: (313) 222-0487