Nexstar Media Group, Inc. America’s largest local television and media company, is seeking an experienced, confident, and results-oriented leader to serve as Director of Sales for KARK-TV, KLRT-TV, KASN-TV, KARZ-TV, and all-digital, mobile, and social assets associated with KARK.com, and FOX16.com in the Little Rock, Arkansas market (DMA #59).
Little Rock is known for its Southern hospitality, entrepreneurial energy, and diverse population. The area is the thriving capital of Arkansas, featuring the centerpiece infrastructure for business, finance, and medical communities in the state. This region has deep respect for its history and the military through its connection to Jacksonville Air Base, and Central High School’s Little Rock Nine school integration. Little Rock is home to Dillard’s Department Stores, Simmons Bank, and Bank OZK along with strong service industry leaders. If outdoor experiences are desired you have come to the right place with multiple lakes, National Parks, hiking and bike trails, and campsites in the region.
The Director of Sales oversees all aspects of the Local, National, and Digital Sales department, including staff management, inventory control, advertising throughout all channels, revenue goal setting, budgeting, and execution of strategic plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide clear, positive leadership for the sales team and sales managers
- Develop and execute sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets
- Manage inventory, pricing, budgeting, and revenue forecasting
- Strong background in new business and digital revenue development
- Manage all Political advertising
- Initiate strategic, long-term staffing decisions to result in #1 sales producing team in the market
- Develop and execute sales strategies resulting in revenue budget attainment in Local, National, and Digital.
- Lead sales staffs focus on New Business revenue goals
- Develop positive relationships with local businesses, community organizations, and advertising agencies through regular communication and community involvement
- Possess a team spirit attitude that encompasses all Nexstar divisions, outside rep firms, vendors, and associated organizations
- Direct the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department
- Understands various forecasting tools and CRM software that provide clear forecasting reports updated weekly
- Effectively communicate with Nexstar Media Group, Inc. Corporate officers, Little Rock VP/GM, Sales department, and all company/station divisions
- Perform other duties as requested by Little Rock VP/GM
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in media sales
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Full knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations pertaining to sales procedures including political advertising requirements
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of the team and to coach, mentor or otherwise help the team to improve their knowledge or skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines with impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Comscore, Nielsen, Matrix, Excel, Powerpoint, and Power BI is expected
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar