Provides sales support for the Sales Team and Sales Manager at WBIR Television.
Ideal candidate would work with the Sales Manager and the station’s Account Executives in our Tegna National Sales offices in NY, Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas & LA. Together, the Sales Manager, the Sales Assistant, and the AE’s all work together to schedule and maintain television advertising campaigns on WBIR properties. Responsibilities include: processing new sales orders, revisions and cancellations; managing our pre-empt list and offering makegood opportunities. Pull reports related to sales activity and revenue data. Handle all long-form PAID programs on the station.
- Create makegood offers for pre-emptions by maximizing inventory opportunities and receive approval directly from advertisers in a timely manner
- Revise orders as directed by Sales Manager to ensure posting
- Identify and correct any billing errors or issues prior to end of month
- Research problems that develop with accounts and troubleshoot the issue developing a satisfactory conclusion for the station and the customer needs
- Handles the daily general clerical functions such as filing, answering phones, creating correspondence, and calculating rates to quote to customers when they call
- Provide exemplary customer assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist Account Executives and clients with commercial time, and make goods and changes
- College degree preferred
- Broadcast sales, Media, or Ad Agency experience is a plus
- Strong Customer Service skills
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales demographics information
- Must have the ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.