9NEWS is seeking a passionate Sales & Marketing Producer that understands visual and creative storytelling. This marketing producer would create work for both clients as well as consumers. 9NEWS would love to hear from you. This is your chance to live and create in one of the world's most beautiful cities. Projects include working with sales team on client advertisements across multiple platforms, news and station management on news promotions, special reports, long-form digital pieces, and station image projects. This role includes writing, shooting, editing, and graphic work.
- Working alongside Sales Management, Account Executives, Marketing Producers, Agencies, and clients to produce high-level commercial production that gets results.
- Working alongside News Management, Creative Manager, Producers, Digital staffers, and Reporters to produce high-level news promotions that get results.
- Using research and applying sound brand strategy to develop and execute creative concepts via on-air news promos, station image campaigns, original content, and graphic design. Campaigns should deliver a clear message and reinforce the value of the station and/or client’s brand.
- Guiding the overall look/tone/feel of creative campaigns through writing, shooting and editing on-air spots and other marketing materials. Managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Work with the station’s Marketing direction and the content team (as needed) to develop creative concepts for topical promos and other assignments.
- Shoot highly-stylized videos and photography for campaigns using Canon or Sony FS cameras and lenses.
- Proficient in Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects to produce high-quality, high-impact.
- Highly skilled in Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects to produce high-quality and sophisticated material.
- Participation in client pitch meetings when asked to help ensure creative vision to help close deals. Participating in News strategy meetings to craft audience messaging.
- Representing the brand and station through the core values of the station- Curiosity, Bravery, Passion, Inclusivity and Integrity.
- At least eight years of previous production experience (TV/film/other) shared via a reel
- A college degree in marketing, advertising, design or related field is preferred – but don’t let that scare you off if you don’t have one.
- The ability to apply research and data to develop creative messages that drive audience growth.
- Demonstrated copywriting ability.
- Effective communication skill in a fast-paced environment..
- Well organized with a customer-oriented approach.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines and well organized.
- The ability to keep track of multiple projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other production tools.
- Strong writing, shooting and non-linear editing skills, plus the ability to consistently generate compelling, inspiring creative that fits the station’s brand.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that may require being present in breaking news situations, along with some night and weekend assignments as needed.
- An attitude that demonstrates a ‘growth mindset’, a team mentality and a half glass full perspective on life.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Budgeted Compensation Range: $31.25 – $36.06
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY