KTVB, the TEGNA station, located in Boise, ID is seeking a dynamic Reporter/Multi-Skilled Journalist to join our award-winning news team. We're looking for a creative storyteller who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique, shareable stories for broadcast and digital/social platforms through memorable writing, compelling video, and dynamic editing.
- Develop strong, enterprise story ideas through social listening and independent sources
- Write, shoot and edit content for news broadcasts
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Deliver on-air news, under deadline, in an engaging, compelling, and accurate manner
- Thoroughly research stories by interviewing multiple sources, uncovering and verifying facts
- Develop good connections with news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Operate newsgathering vehicles to and from various locations
- Transmit and present dynamic and accurate live reports utilizing current live broadcasting technology
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) speaking a plus
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and digital content management systems
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with strong examples of breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills with a journalistic focus
- Motivation to research and uncover stories not being told anywhere else
- Ambition to develop and maintain a diverse list of story contacts
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant deadlines
- Ability to calmly report breaking news, seeking up-to-date information on developing events
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including weekends
- Humility to know you’re not done learning and an appetite to learn more
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.