WGRZ, Channel 2 is On Your Side in Buffalo holding the powerful accountable while working toward keeping Western New York Informed. We are looking for dynamic journalists who want to tell impactful stories that resonate with our audience in Western New York. Our one content team produces for digital, linear, and OTT platform while supporting that content with great social media engagement.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for all of WGRZ's platform
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Deliver news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
- Work as part of a large, inclusive team that supports each other
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years proven live breaking news and general assignment reporting, Live Breaking News, and strong human- interest storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Great newsroom team player
- Strong social media skills and proven track record of best practices, including an active news presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.