We are looking for a Multi-Skilled Journalist who can shoot, write and edit stories. This person must be able to jump from politics and education stories to issues about the local economy and environment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of smart and engaging live shots. We want a person who is creative and courageous when it comes to creating innovative storytelling content on digital and TV.
Covering breaking news is part of the job, but we want a reporter who can look beyond the headlines to pitch enterprise stories on a broad range of relevant news topics that serve our audience.
In This Role, You Will:
- Investigate leads and tips, conduct interviews, research stories, write and edit news stories.
- Create web content, meet publication or broadcast deadlines, and report on newsworthy events.
- Turn daily content in live, PKG, or look live form
- Maintain story calendar and pitch impactful, newscast-leading stories.
- At least three years’ experience as a reporter/MSJ in a large broadcast market or at least five years’ experience in a mid- or small market.
- Must be able to write, shoot and edit creative stories on tight deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, go-getter and be a problem solver in the field.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Ability to work mornings, nights and weekend shifts.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong writing skills, both for digital and broadcast platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
- Active presence on social media.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.