KBAK/KBFX has an exciting opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ)! We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings great story ideas to the meetings, cultivates sources, and wins the story each day on ALL platforms.
KBAK/KBFX is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist. We want someone who fights for the lead story, brings great story ideas to the meetings, cultivates sources, and wins the story each day on ALL platforms. You must have strong storytelling skills and energetic/creative delivery. We are looking for someone who is enterprising and passionate about news. The ideal candidate should handle breaking news and live shots with ease, and be able to multitask on all platforms, while also being able to dig deep into a variety of topics for compelling, promotable reports with high production value.
Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting, and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
Skills and Experience:
- Sharp news judgment
- Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in Kern County
- Manage sources and stories within your assigned beat
- Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed
- Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station's website and news apps
- Meet tight daily deadlines
- Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
- Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing, and presenting stories as needed for both TV and digital platforms
- Present completed news stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair, and balanced Will report live during newscasts and breaking news as needed
- Will shoot, edit, coordinate, manage, conduct, and video record interviews
- Build links with the community and contacts for developing impactful original stories
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without an online demo reel will not be considered.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
HOW TO APPLY
Sinclair Broadcast Group