WIAT-TV CBS42 is searching for a Reporter to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic storyteller. Gather information for newscast presentations with accurate information of interest to our viewers. Develop story ideas to present at daily planning meetings. Review background information and conduct interviews in a courteous and professional manner. Present compelling, clear and accurate live shots when assigned. Interact with all facets of the community to gather information and cultivate news sources. Represent the station at community events in a professional manner. Must have excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills, both for TV broadcast writing and online content. Proficiency in newsroom computer systems. Ability to handle multiple tasks and moderate to high stress and deadline pressure, while keeping a strong attention to detail.
Minimum two years’ experience in news reporting (More or less depending on market size)
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Superior on-air presence
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Flexibility to work any shift
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar