- Develop strong original story pitches for general assignments and beat reporting through independent sourcing, social listening, and community involvement
- Write in an exciting, captivating, and authentic manner
- Enterprise and produce news stories that are engaging, compelling, and exclusive
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
- Be versatile and agile in skillset with the ability to shoot, write and/or edit packaged reports when necessary
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as required
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of field reporting experience
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.