11Alive is Where Atlanta Speaks. We are looking for a Reporter who can shoot, write and edit stories. This person must be able to coverage a wide rage of topics – from politics and crime to health, consumer and economic issues. Our audience expects us to hold the powerful accountable. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to ask tough questions and not take no for an answer. We also place a high value on storytelling and crafting stories to best resonate with the audience. We are seeking dynamic journalists who are hungry to win breaking news and produce engaging and interactive live shots. At the same time, we want reporters who understand the need to pitch enterprise stories that go beyond the headlines and focus on community impact.
- Report on air for television newscasts.
- Investigate leads and tips, research stories, conduct interviews, write and edit stories for all platforms.
- Pitch newsworthy stories that have a strong sense of impact and urgency and can lead a newscast.
- Collaborate with photojournalists on storytelling projects for digital and broadcast.
- At least 3-5 years experience on TV in a large or mid-size broadcast market.
- Ability to write, shoot, and edit stories on tight deadlines.
- Ability to take charge on breaking and developing news events.
- Willingness to work hard and collaborate.
- Flexibility to work morning, night, or weekend shifts.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.