WTOL 11 is looking for a professional front desk team member to oversee all receptionist and secretarial duties as well as provide administrative support for the News Director. You will perform a range of duties including answering phone calls, sorting mail, greeting guests, and escorting visitors throughout the building.
Your primary goal is to provide our viewers, clients, and visitors with outstanding customer service and support. A successful candidate will be presentable and friendly, with outstanding people skills. You should have a talent for multi-tasking, with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Answering phone calls
- Sorting mail
- Greeting guests
- Escorting visitors throughout the building
- Expense reports
- Booking travel
- Ordering food
- Planning for events
- High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of office administration.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.