Native Spanish speaker to operate control board for Sports Programs and Syndicated programs. Must be available for Part-Time Hours on Sunday and Monday evenings during NFL season and other special programming. Great jumpstart into live broadcast career
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air promotional Giveaways
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Additional duties will include scheduling and production of local promotional giveaways
Qualifications – Competencies/Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• We will train for the position including audio production editing
Shift will include WEEKEND hours
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Part Time position. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Reports directly to Nat'l Program Dir Radio
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.
HOW TO APPLY