WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is now accepting applications for a part-time News Editor.
- Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
- Communicating with producers about current stories, show rundowns, and plans for feeds and live shots.
- Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
- Maintaining standards for all edited material.
- Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
- Running the feed center.
- Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
- Be reliable and available for extra shifts to cover vacations and sick calls.
- Edit using nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere).
- Deal with the stress and pressure of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Communicate with producers during newscasts and adjust to changes accordingly.
- 1-2 years of professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent).
- Videography experience preferred, but not required.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE