Programming Assistant (full-time)
WIYY (98 ROCK) is Baltimore???s home for COMEDY, ROCK and SPORTS for more than 45 years. The station features top-rated personalities playing a wide variety of music from classic rock to alternative and everything in-between. 98 ROCK is also the proud flagship station for the Baltimore Ravens and the Baltimore Orioles. The Programming Assistant assists the Program Director, Assistant Program Director, and Promotion Manager with all aspects of the on-air product and promotion.
- Import music and production elements into audio server
- Edit new content and upload on an ongoing basis into comedy library
- Schedule elements for ???98 Rock After Hours??? (overnight show)
- Insert promos and liners into log
- Write and publish ???The Daily Briefing??? update for staff
- Download and import syndicated programming
- Help maintain Music Master database
- Back up Asst. PD for scheduling logs
- Recording and editing Ravens pressers for gameday broadcast use
- Building and timing out clocks
- Writing copy and informational prep for interviews
- Editing and uploading audio for 98 Rock podcasts
- Creating show production & show promos
- Contribute to music meetings and promotion meetings
- Back up in-studio producer/board op
- Coordinate on-air contests and prize winner fulfillment
- Promotional item inventory & organization
- Setting up and producing remote broadcasts, which may entail nights, weekends, and holidays
- Assist with on-site promotional events and activations for 98 Rock and WBAL NewsRadio, which may entail nights, weekends, and holidays
- Contribute content for 98online.com and 98 Rock social media
- Other duties as needed
- Must be proficient in editing audio. Experience with Adobe Audition editing software is a plus.
- Prior experience with Wide Orbit automation systems and operating a studio console is desirable
- The ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
- Good writing and communication skills
- Prior experience in radio, familiarity with Rock format, and knowledge of NFL and MLB (particularly Ravens and Orioles) are not required but are desirable attributes for this position.
- As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit careers.htv.hearst.com to apply. EOE