- Capable of multi-tasking and meeting short deadlines.
- Courteous and efficient while working with our sales, traffic and production departments and as a point person for clients when needed.
- Capable of a continuous flow of data between departments for direct revenue generation by assuring all assignments are in and completed in a timely manner with a high and consistent level of accuracy.
- Able to verify commercial logs on all stations before or after each shift to ensure all spots on next day’s log is in.
- An assistant to all SD staffers in trouble shooting missing spots and tracking down or resolving missing commercials daily.
- Flexible on hours, hours will be structured to fit the need of the station and should remain flexible.
Waterloo Media Group, L.P is a cluster of eight radio stations in Austin, TX including: KLBJ-AM (590), KLBJ-FM (93.7), Lucy (93.3), ACL-Radio (97.1), KROX (101.5), KBPA (103.5), KLZT (107.1), and Mega 102.7.
Waterloo Media has an immediate opening for a full time Bilingual Production Coordinator. We are seeking a dependable, hardworking and motivated individual with loads of initiative to support the sales and production staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dub, tag, assemble and complete daily assigned work from Sound Design staff members.
- Periodically interact with Sales Department regarding commercial script and commercial assembly as needed.
- Problem solve, track, and maintain Missing-Spot-Line or daily missing discrep logs per programming.
- Maintain TLC/Wide Orbit and Audio Bank database integrity.
- Maintain effective departmental relationships and support team members.
- Train production and on air staff as needed, on production process, procedures, equipment and software.
- Maintain confidentiality of all station business information.
- Dubbing & tagging of commercial content on TLC/Wide Orbit as needed.
- Voice talent for Waterloo Media stations as needed.
- Studio engineering and assembling of commercials of local and after hour client sessions as needed.
- Track and assist all staff in maintaining ethical & legal standards for commercial or promotional content for broadcast on Waterloo Media stations that flows through Sound Design. This includes all script and pre-recorded material containing indecent content and illegal use of copyrighted material in local produced commercials.
- Maintain a harmonious work environment with department co-workers, sales, management, on air talent and outside clients.
- Trouble shooting and correcting errors in a high stress and fast moving environment with tight deadlines is a must.
- Able to track down and dub weekly barter and assign cart numbers as needed is essential.
- Return phone calls/emails regarding missing spots when Music directors and/or PD’s email each day.
- Last before leaving, running a log check to make sure all spots are here and communicate when there are issues.
Qualified Candidates Require:
- Degree in communications recommended or any broadcasting experience in the production, on air and/or traffic department preferred. Voice or acting experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Commercial script writing and translation work in English and Spanish.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you are a qualified applicant, please submit a resume and application online at http://www.waterloomedia.com.
WATERLOO MEDIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
See Details section
See Details section
HOW TO APPLY
Randall Garcia – General Sales Manager of KLZT and MEGA – [email protected]