WOI/KCWI in West Des Moines, Iowa is searching for a Production Assistant to perform a variety of technical and support functions in the execution of live newscasts, studio productions, and on-air operations. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn about news production and can help our team create engaging content. The person filling this role will be tasked with operating studio and control room equipment.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in television, video production, and directing/technical directing. Must be willing to work early morning hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced and dynamic newscast, is highly reliable and has effective communication skills. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- Edit video using Edius and BitCentral software
- Operate cameras, audio, graphics, teleprompter
- Assist with various production elements including preparing cameras, lights, monitors and testing mics/ifbs for live newscasts and studio productions
- Various other duties as assigned
- Work or school related experience is helpful
- Computers skills are essential
- Working knowledge of cameras, audio and video editing software is a plus
- Must be dependable, flexible in terms of scheduling, a team player and work well under pressure
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.