Daily Blast Live, a LIVE television program, airing nationally Monday thru Friday, is seeking a Full Time Production Assistant – to assist on all production related matters. The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be a team player that works closely with Broadcast staff, Executive in Charge of Production, and Production Coordinator to creatively solve problems, as well as communicate and prioritize workflow according to our programming needs. This role will interact daily with other Production Assistants, Broadcast/Digital staff, Talent, and others.
Compensation Range: $15.87
- Provides support to Stage Manager, Audio Engineer, and Production
- Assist hosts/ production with pre-show prep including organizing set and craft services
- Help to create and distribute cue cards to hosts and Broadcast staff
- Shadow stage manager to keep commercial time, ensure talent is prepped and in place, and set pieces are in position including chairs, tables, and props
- Adheres to production department procedures and communicates any issues or delays
- Willing to tackle any tasks including runs outside of the office for supplies and managing copying issues
- Learn roles and skills of Associate Producers
- Run the Teleprompter on a regular basis
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Able to be on time and ready to work as required
- Positive demeanor and no job too small attitude
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to positively collaborate with production team
- Familiarity with production procedures and broadcast equipment
- Capable of handling various responsibilities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid driver’s license / access to vehicle required
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Please apply online at TEGNA.com/careers.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.