12News, the ABC/NBC affiliate in Beaumont, Texas is looking for a Production Assistant. This position will work alongside a team of broadcast directors and producers in creating live, innovative, award-winning newscasts on our linear and digital platforms. Will work closely with News, Marketing, and Engineering leadership to ensure that all aspects of broadcast production meet the 12News standard of excellence.
- Run audio board and camera controls during live newscasts
- Coordinate with MSJ's and producers to execute live remotes
- Source and edit images for use during newscasts
- Work with Photoshop and Edius to edit images and video for linear and digital platforms
- Maintain and clean studio, including sets and lighting grid
- Other production related duties as assigned
- College degree in broadcasting/film/communication preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with multi-channel audio mixers a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.