KWES-TV, NewsWest 9, an NBC affiliate in Midland/Odessa, Texas is searching for a Production Assistant to perform a variety of technical and support functions in the execution of live newscasts, studio productions, and on-air operations. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn about news production and can help our team create engaging content. The person filling this role will be tasked with operating studio and control room equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in television, video production, and directing/technical directing.
- Prepare cameras, lighting, monitors, mics and IFBs for live newscasts and studio productions.
- Perform floor manager duties during live and taped productions.
- Maintain studio facilities and equipment.
- Operate teleprompter for recorded segments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous work or school related experience is helpful.
- Must be detail oriented and able to troubleshoot and fix problems quickly during live newscasts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills required- must be able to convey information quickly and effectively to anchors and reporters in the studio, and to the director and producer in the control room.
- Light lifting and or moving of equipment and set pieces is often required.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.