KTVB is searching for a Production Assistant to perform a variety of technical and support functions in the execution of live newscasts, studio productions, remotes and on-air operations. The PA position is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in television, video production, journalism and digital content creation.
- Preparing cameras, lights, microphones, IFB, monitors and script computers for live newscasts and productions performed in the studio.
- Operating handheld, gimbal and robotic cameras and assisting with marketing productions including life-style programs and on-air promotion.
- Operating audio for newscasts and preparing program content for on-air playback. Assisting with setup and camera operation for live remotes including sports programs, pregame shows, parades and special projects.
- Work or school related experience in broadcasting is helpful.
- Computer skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of cameras, audio and video editing software is a plus.
- Must be dependable, flexible in terms of scheduling, a team player and work well under pressure.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.