To write news stories and occasionally fill-in produce newscasts that air on KTLA.
- To write and edit VO’s and VOSOT’s for broadcast
- Oversee and organize production elements of newscasts.
- Order graphics and generate copy for teases and bumps.
- Work closely with Executive Producers, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day.
- Desktop editing skills required
- Works in the control room during live newscasts and communicates with the production staff and talent.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three years of TV news experience preferred
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for news. This includes reading competitive websites, and following social media daily.
- Suggest story ideas daily
- Familiarity with ENG/dejero operations (dejero/microwave/satl operations)
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills needed
- Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar