A Producer/MMJ creates impactful, enterprise stories. They are responsible for actively seeking and publishing the local news stories of the day. They are energetic, passionate, and an innovative writer who produces shareable content that drives traffic to our website.
As the first person to get real-time news out to our community a Producer/MMJ deadline is always now. Come be a part of a brand-new newsroom at WDKY in Lexington, KY!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to help line produce television newscast, with the eventual goal of being able to produce entire newscasts.
- Ability to use station video content gathering equipment to document news and sports stories, then write both television and digital stories.
- Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
- Writes and orders news stories
- Approves scripts
- Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
- Edits video
- Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience, Skills, Education
- Must have a social understanding of local news, politics, economics and current events.
- Achieved or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, or TV/film. Equivalent experience may substitute.
- Strong grammatical skills with a demonstrated ability to edit and self-edit.
- Superb journalistic writing skills with a high proficiency in social media.
- Must be comfortable with cold calling to develop stories.
- Highly detail-oriented with an instinct for newsroom judgement.
- Must have a competitive spirt.
- Must possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Video editing experience is a plus.
- Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar