Responsibilities: In this role, you will:
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality news show in the 4th largest city in the U.S.
• Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Research facts and credibility
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• Coach on-air talent to be exciting and engaging
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• And most of all…have fun
• Degree in journalism, communications or related field
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills to deliver content and listen for ideas
• Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe, and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
HOW TO APPLY