11Alive is looking for an experienced and creative Producer for our weekend morning newscasts.
This person will work collaboratively with show’s Senior Executive Producer, Executive Producer, and Senior Producer to execute editorial vision for the weekend morning shows.
Along with the weekend newscasts, this role includes producing 3 days a week for the weekday morning shows.
- Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
- Work with Executive Producer, Senior Producer, News Managers and Reporters to create unique, fast-paced newscasts, promotions, and teases
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, zoom interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories
- Perform other tasks as required by Supervisor or Executive Producer
- Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
- Develop and organize newscasts
- Make time-sensitive decisions
- Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
- Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment
- Follow journalistic and libel laws
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- 3 plus years experience line producing a newscast
- Candidate should be able to write compelling copy that is clear and concise and come to work every day with a vision for newscast
- Must be a champion for newscast
- Ability to incorporate digital into program, including social conversation
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- The position requires you to have a flexible schedule, work weekend mornings and fill-in on other shows as needed, including some holidays
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.