KIII-TV in Corpus Christi, Texas, the dominant local news station in South Texas, is looking for an ambitious and creative PRODUCER who enjoys the fast-paced environment of TV news. Work hard and then hit the beach to relax.
The best candidates will have a sense of urgency and a competitive drive that helps KIII-TV continue to beat the competition. We aim to make KIII-TV a master’s class in producing, giving you the skillset you need to move on or move up. Prior employees here have taken promotions or gone on to bigger TEGNA stations in Austin, San Antonio, Houston and Dallas, not to mention stations outside the state.
What You’ll Do:
- Write accurate, informative on-air stories with strong viewer value in an exciting, captivating and conversational tone for our newscasts and for kiiitv.com
- Create unique newscasts using all the elements at your disposal to best highlight the day’s stories
- Produce up the biggest stories of the day, drawing attention to them with sound, graphics, and an enhanced presentation
- Develop and pitch original story ideas for coverage
- Contribute stories regularly each day to kiiitv.com
Why You’ll Love It:
- Our Viewers – South Texas loves 3NEWS and continues to help us dominate the region. It’s much more satisfying to work for the number one station because you know everyone is watching.
- Our People – we want this to be a place where people come, learn and grow. You should be able to have fun while helping improve the lives of the people we serve. We plan to invest in you and your career. We want the station to be successful, but we also want to help you reach your career goals.
- Our City – Corpus Christi is a diverse place to call home. We have more than 315,000 people, larger than cities like Cincinnati, Orlando and Pittsburgh. And you’re never far from the beach. You can live downtown, live in the suburbs or even live on the island, and you’re never more than 15 minutes away from the water.
- Journalism and/or Mass Communication degree preferred
- Prior producing experience preferred.
- Ability to work various shifts, including mornings, nights and weekends
- Knowledge of ENPS and the state of Texas a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.