ABC10 is seeking a Producer for their upbeat lifestyle/sales-based television show, Your California Life. This LIVE half hour show airs on weekdays at 9AM and requires someone who thinks quick on their feet and can calmly handle the pressures that come with producing a LIVE broadcast.
The Producer must be able to take on any tasks given to them by the Executive Producer. This position requires a person that has experience producing engaging and shareable content that showcases stories in a way that differentiates us from our competitors. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Report to the Executive Producer for daily job tasks
- Write scripts for the show
- Prepare and stack the show rundown
- Write and post daily on our social media outlets
- Prep guests for their LIVE segments
- Work closely with clients to better produce their segments
- Time the Show so that each guest has enough time to deliver their message within a timely manner
- Line Produce
- Help with on location shoots
- Assist in booking visually engaging segments for the show
- Providing new ideas to incorporate into the show
- 3-5 Years of experience producing LIVE TV
- Experience with ENPS
- Knows how to stack a rundown for broadcast
- Creative writer who can write scripts for television that are informative, conversational, and enticing to our viewers
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Energetic and friendly personality
- Must be a team player who works well with others
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Available to work weekdays from 6:30AM-3:30PM, sometimes later if need be, and available for station weekend events as they arise
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.