KCEN Channel 6, the NBC affiliate in the Waco/Temple/Killeen market, is looking for a producer to join our team. We don’t want a show “stacker.” We want someone who can produce compelling television with conversational writing, high-end production value and the use of all our digital platforms. We’re not interested in story count. We want stories that count.
- Ensure creative storytelling that delivers both factual clarity and emotional connections with the audience.
- Write in a conversational, exciting and captivating manner.
- Utilize social media to advance our reporting and to engage an audience that watches while interacting.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances and breaking news with a willingness to change as needed.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Solid news judgement, great people skills, strong broadcast and online writing skills, and the ability to work with little supervision are necessities.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.