KARE 11 News in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN is looking for a creative, energetic news Producer who wants to dig into our extensive toolkit to create a newscast that informs, inspires, and impacts audiences in one of the best TV markets in the country.
We want you to bring fresh ideas and innovative style to inform and engage our audience. Our show producers create newscasts with an emphasis on the use of great video, effective graphics, and conversational and concise writing.
Applicants must have breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking in crafting great newscasts through emotion and showcasing
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platform
- Have a good understanding of social media platforms to incorporate into newscasts.
- Work collaboratively with other producers and staff members
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.