KING 5 is on a mission to “Stand for Truth” by creating smart and engaging newscasts that focuses on accountability and storytelling. Our team is looking for a Producer that shares our passion for finding and defending fact, is authentic and transparent and pushes to break new ground and care deeply about our local community. You will report to the Dayside Executive Producer and collaborate with a Senior Producer, other producers, anchors, reporters and photojournalists. We are searching for someone who can balance multiple deadlines and uphold high journalistic standards to get our news on-air and to our digital platforms.
- Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and segments for the newscast.
- Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Hold the powerful accountable
- Enterprise ideas, by pitching your own stories
- Calmly handle live, breaking news in the control room
- Write conversationally and cut video for broadcast
- Monitor quality control
- 3+ years of producing experience in a medium or large market
- Strong news judgement and use of analytics to determine content and teases
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- Familiarity with Western Washington
- Experience with ENPS, Edius and Axis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.