Job Description and Responsibilities
WQAD News 8 is looking for a Producer who can write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts and news content for broadcast. Producers must be able to multi-task during the newsgathering hours, sharing content before, during and after a newscast. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment, detail skills and an ability to think creatively. Our Producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
In this role, you will:
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Use consumer analytics in determining content.
• Enterprise news stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- A Bachelors of Science or a Bachelors of Arts in journalism, communications or other related degree is preferred.
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Must have organizational skills and be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
HOW TO APPLY