FOX43 is seeking an experienced political reporter/producer to spearhead political coverage across the capital city and the region. The ideal candidate is passionate about politics, knows how to maneuver at the State Capitol, can thrive in a scrappy environment and has a competitive edge. We are looking for someone who is authentic, engaged, social media savvy and wants to be a leader not only in our newsroom, but also our community. You should excel at breaking down complex subjects into stories that are easily digestible to our viewers.
- Develop and pitch story ideas with a focus on local and state politics and elections
- Cultivate a wide network of sources in the political sector
- Write, shoot and edit news stories for television, mobile and social platforms
- Deliver breaking news stories to viewers and engage audiences through all facets of social media
- Post on your station social media pages multiple times a day and have an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Write digital stories and post to CMS
- Ensure objectivity and fairness in coverage, sensitivity to community expectations and balanced content
- Produce stories/specials, as requested by newsroom managers
- Connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing FOX43 at important events in and around Harrisburg
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience, preferably as a Reporter
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Ability to shoot and edit
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news events in a multi-platform environment
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook and a keen eye toward what's trending locally and nationally.
- Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.