12 News- KPNX, the TEGNA-owed NBC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ is looking for a motivated, innovative self-starter to oversee the creation and management of engaging, compelling content in the fifth largest city in the country. The Planning Producer will work collaboratively with all dayparts, as well as sales and marketing. The ideal candidate will identify engaging content opportunities within the newsroom and community, ranging from hard news to features, that best align with our morning show, Today in AZ. A successful candidate will foster a strong sense of purpose to continuing 12 News’ commitment to serving our community and have authentic energy, and command of the content.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Planning Producer will research, plan, book live guess and reporter LIVE events, and curate and produce timely original content. This person needs to be a skilled communicator and understand how to manage multiple projects and team members, so prior broadcast experience is a must. We are looking for a curious, energetic, Planning Producer who can juggle several projects at one time, liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders. The Planning Producer will need to develop and maintain close relationships with key contacts, and constantly update our editorial calendar, using it to plan and prepare for the future. This role will also serve as a back-up show producer when needed, so it is critical this candidate also be able to write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts and content for broadcast, online and social platforms.
- Manage multiple schedules for team of anchors, reporters, and multi-skilled journalists
- Identify daily opportunities to have content get noticed and grow audience
- Develop fresh ideas through social listening and relationship building
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
- Fill-in as show producer as needed
- Perform other tasks as needed
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in large or medium market
- Exceptional news judgment
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Proven track record of skill and leadership
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.