ABC10, the TEGNA-owned ABC affiliate station in Sacramento, CA, is looking for a Visual Storyteller/Photojournalist. This candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced environment, develop sources and story concepts, shoot, and edit stories on your own or with a member of the ABC10 team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video equipment to tell visual stories, editing tools, and techniques.
- Produce in-depth, character-driven stories using the latest editing and photography tools including premiere.
- Perform post-production work using color grading preferred
- You will shoot and edit content for all platforms.
- Knowledgeable in advanced lighting skills for broadcast.
- Mirrorless and Sony FS series camera experience preferred
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Advance storytelling experienced required
- Contact sources and develop news stories.
- Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Clear understanding of the principles of journalism
- Advanced experience in Adobe Premiere and some experience in After Effects
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, including an active news gathering on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Member and active participant in NPPA preferred
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, and Axis graphics
Work Environment: Moderate risk
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.