9NEWS in Denver is looking for a creative and energetic photojournalist and visual storyteller to join our 9NEWS mornings team. This involves some early hours, but with a fun team that loves getting Denver's day started. This job has an annual pay range of $50,000-$60,000.
- Cover breaking news, shoot reporter live shots and gather video and sound for breaking news in the early morning.
- Shoot and edit stories about various topics for air on future days.
- Conduct interviews when necessary.
- Contribute daily story ideas.
- Work a 4 a.m. to 12 p.m. schedule Monday through Friday.
- Be available for a rotating weekend on-call responsibility.
- Journalism or communications degree preferred.
- 1-3 years experience as a news photojournalist and editor required.
- Language skills (especially Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with non-linear editing required.
- Knowledge of and experience with newsgathering cameras, lights, audio and other equipment required.
- Current valid driver license required.
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.