WKYC, the TEGNA owned NBC affiliate in Cleveland OH, is seeking a highly skilled full-time Photojournalist/Visual Storyteller who is passionate, thrives on great storytelling, and is forward-thinking and innovative. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. This position can include weekend shifts.
- Capture video and audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories in a daily, deadline-driven environment
- Edit stories with Edius editing platforms
- Provide editorial input and collaboration for stories and daily newscasts.
- Operate live remote equipment – microwave and TVU
- Distribute content on multiple digital platforms, including wcnc.com, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Fill-in as show editor when needed
- Become familiar with Sony XDCAM
- Open to expanded duties, such as writing and voicing stories
- College degree with a minimum of two to three years experience as a TV photojournalist and news editor preferred
- Complete newsgathering skills required – videography, editing and writing
- Must tell news stories creatively with strong audio and visual skills
- Must be able to make quick decisions while working under pressured deadlines, willing to work overtime, take on-call shifts and work flexible shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift heavy objects
- Travel: Frequent: More than 25
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.