WBNS 10TV—Central Ohio’s News Leader– is seeking a photojournalist to join our award-winning news team.
We’re looking for a true journalist. The candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced environment, develop their own sources, pitch story ideas and shoot/edit stories independently or with a member of the WBNS content team.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest video equipment to tell visual stories, editing tools, and techniques. They look to improve their craft daily and seek collaboration to produce innovative content.
This position is hourly and reports to the Director of Photojournalism.
- Capture video and audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories
- Collaborate with reporters and develop a vision for stories
- Independently gather and create stories
- Edit stories with Edius (familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Operate live remote equipment (Dejero) and electronic newsgathering (ENG) vans
- 3+ years of relevant experience in TV photojournalism and/or news editor OR 2+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism
- Must have a valid driver’s license, able to lift to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation
- Ability to work mornings, nights, holidays, and weekend shifts
- Experience working in a medium or large local TV news station preferred
- Experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) preferred
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY