About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WALA FOX10 News is a local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Gulf Coast. Located in Mobile, AL. WALA is the oldest existing television station in the state of Alabama. FOX10 takes pride in a winning culture and is committed to the community.
WALA is looking for a talented photographer/videojournalist to join our award-winning news team. We're looking for someone with high energy and a positive attitude, who has experience shooting and editing news stories, conducting interviews, and coordinating live shots with reporters. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable with video and editing equipment and have a creative vision for storytelling.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Responsible for shooting and editing video and sound for all WALA multimedia platforms
- Must display competence in videography and video editing
- Must be capable of gathering news as part of a team or on your own
- Responsible for maintaining assigned gear, operating ENG trucks and bonded cellular live devices (Live U)
- Driving a company vehicle and any other duties as assigned
- Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours
- Drone certification a plus
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
HOW TO APPLY
http://www.fox10tv.com / careers