The News Photographer operates television or video cameras to record images or scenes for news reports.
- Shoots video for news reports
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
- Sets up, composes and executes video shots
- Maintains video equipment
- Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
- Operates live microwave and satellite trucks in remote situations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience operating video recording equipment (More for larger markets and less for smaller markets)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with video recording equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
Applicants must have valid drivers license, the ability to
lift up to 50 pounds, and the willingness to work flexible hours. Hiring is dependent upon ability to pass a
background check and pre-employment drug test.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled ~ Background check and drug screen required.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar