ABC24, the TEGNA station in Memphis, TN, is looking for a highly-skilled overnight Photojournalist/Video Editor who can create exciting content for television.
This position is a key member of our content team. You will work closely with our Morning Executive Producer and report to the Chief Photographer. We are searching for someone who can balance breaking news while upholding high journalistic standards to get our news on-air and to our digital platforms. This position will work in the field gathering news as well as at the station editing content for live broadcasts.
- Shoot and edit material for on-air and online productions such as newscasts, sports, special events, special programs and digital platforms, for example. Work closely with reporters, producers, assignment editors and other newsroom employees on producing content suitable for on air and online broadcasts.
- Monitor quality control while shooting video and editing to scripts and producer notes
- Considerable time each day is spent driving to various story locations. Once at a location, photojournalists are responsible for setting up any technical equipment associated with capturing the story, editing the story, and performing a live shot.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with equipment (both in the field and at the station). The photojournalist must have the technical aptitude to solve or find workaround solutions to potential problems to ensure content deadlines are met. Difficult situations that arise in the field do not necessarily always involve equipment problems or failures though they do happen. Whether it is due to equipment problems or other unforeseen complications, the photojournalist will need to find other ways to accomplish the task at hand by relying on their technical skills and experience.
- Must have a Valid Drivers’ License
- Experience as photographer and editor, preferable in a news environment.
- Knowledge of journalism and production standards and techniques. Experience with the operation of digital cameras and non-linear editing equipment.
- Proven production techniques as it relates to shooting and editing together.
- Ability to contribute ideas and be an active morning show team member.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced quickly changing technical environment. Ability to function in stressful situations and meet deadlines.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.