WGN-TV’s Media Operations Center, located on the northwest side of Chicago, which includes WGN-TV9, WGN Plus, NewsNation, Antenna and Rewind TV has an immediate opening for a Overnight Media Technician/Master Control Operator to work in a dynamic broadcast and media delivery environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Operating systems and equipment in a master control operation, monitoring on-air operations of multiple channels including national networks and local channels.
- Maintaining quality control standards while operating and monitoring systems that distribute content via automation, adhering to company guidelines and FCC rules.
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of broadcast operations, with the ability to maintain quality and communicate quickly and effectively with various departments.
- Maintaining the highest level of quality control using excellent judgement, anticipating problems and engaging support when needed.
- National network feeds and in working with affiliates that may be experiencing technical difficulties.
- Using a combination of both IT and broadcasting operational skills.
- Operating ancillary on air equipment such as CGs, Emergency Alerts, caption encoders, routers, switchers, various networked workstations and remote operation of transmitters.
- Three years total experience in either IT or broadcast operations in a professional live media operation is required. IT backgrounds encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Florical or other automation programs is a plus.
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
- Attention to detail is essential, be able to confirm elements are airing as logged and looking ahead to resolve any potential issues before they occur.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting techniques with effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
- Comfortable in a collaborative and communicative team environment is important.
- This position requires flexibility in schedule and could include weekends and holidays.
The position requires membership in the IBEW union and is a full-time on-site staff position, reporting to the Director of Distribution Operations.
Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Nexstar Inc., consists of three divisions: Broadcasting, Digital, and Networks. The Broadcasting Division operates, programs, or provides sales and other services to 198 television stations and related digital multicast signals reaching 116 markets or approximately 39% of all U.S. television households (reflecting the FCC’s UHF discount). The division’s portfolio includes primary affiliates of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MyNetworkTV and The CW. The Digital Division operates 122 local websites and 316 mobile apps offering hyper-local content and verticals for consumers and advertisers, allowing audiences to choose where, when and how they access content and creating new revenue opportunities for the company. The Networks Division operates WGN America, a growing national general entertainment cable network and the home of NewsNation, multicast network Antenna TV, and WGN Radio in Chicago. Nexstar also owns a 31.3% ownership stake in TV Food Network, a top tier cable asset. For more information, please visit http://www.nexstar.tv.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar