The successful candidate for the TCO-Dallas Operations Manager position will be a top performer who is efficient, effective, and accurate with inventory management and spot placement, but more importantly, has a desire to share his or her knowledge and expertise with all members of the TCO and station teams. An Operations Manager will have direct reports on the TCO-Dallas team and will have an assigned group of markets that he/she will support through inventory management, training, sharing best practices, and analytics. This person is the primary contact for teammates seeking professional guidance and inventory management or programming strategy.
- Manage team of direct reports
- Resource for technical questions (WideOrbit, logs, inventory management, programming)
- Resource for HR questions/concerns, including accurate timekeeping in KRONOS
- Active engagement in employee performance to ensure objectives are being met
- Write and conduct annual performance reviews
- Follow-up and resolve any WideOrbit or technical issues with the TCO, TSC (TEGNA Stream Center), or stations
- Station and TSC Discrepancy Reports (DR)
- IT/computer issues
- Work with Operations Supervisor on station/TCO issues or concerns that need escalation or additional expertise
- Training for TCO and/or stations
- Identify training needs, create training materials, host training sessions
- Create reports as requested by various departments within TEGNA
- Order entry and/or maintenance (as needed) for TEGNA-wide orders
- Marathon Ventures, NAB, TVB
- TMA orders
- Collaboration with TCO and station management teams
- Identify and implement traffic and sales process best practices
- WideOrbit testing and trouble-shooting
- TCO-Dallas team-building; creating a culture of knowledge, empowerment and professional success
- TCO-Dallas new employee recruitment and hiring
- Prior experience as TCO Operations Supervisor
- Thorough understanding of WideOrbit applications and processes
- Efficient and accurate log management
- Desire and ability to create a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all employees
- Desire and ability to identify, communicate and implement traffic/TCO best practices
- Will work very closely with Programming Specialists and TSC (TEGNA Stream Center), so must be a consensus builder
- Able to work from the WFAA building at least two days a week
- Knowledge of programming workflow in WideOrbit Traffic
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.