On-Air Television Host / Digital Lifestyle Correspondent
WAVY-TV 10 (NBC) in Hampton Roads, Virginia is looking for an on-air Co-Host for its one-hour daily lifestyle show “The Hampton Roads Show.” Airing at 11:00am each weekday, “The Hampton Roads Show” is celebrating its tenth season in the Norfolk, Virginia market.
The successful candidate is a skilled and seasoned communicator who is adept at engaging viewers, guests, and clients in a non-scripted, fun, lifestyle show environment. Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects making news in Hampton Roads is key. The ideal candidate brings strong interview skills, relatable on-camera personality, and an energetic social media presence. In addition to on-camera hosting of the show, ideal candidate should be competent in finding, shooting and editing engaging stories in the Hampton Roads community. Contributions to other WAVY-TV and FOX43 programs and platforms may be required. Position will include some nights and weekends for shoots, social media contributions, as well as community/promotional events.
- Minimum three years on-air hosting experience is required
- The ability to shoot, edit, and write your own stories is required
- Our employees excel on multiple platforms – broadcast, web, social media and mobile.
- Proven execution and understanding of how to write for the web, social media, and provide extras on all platforms is required.
- Experience with hosting sales integrated content is a plus
To be considered for this position you must apply online. Please remember to include a link to your hosting demo reel in your cover letter or resume (required). No hard copy submissions accepted, reviewed, or returned.
No phone calls. No telecommuting.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar