WTVO/FOX39 is seeking an On-Air Talent/Producer for Rockford’s longest running lifestyle show, Good Day Stateline.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of the show from behind the scenes and in front of the camera.
The On-Air Talent/Producer will be responsible for preparing elements in the rundown, booking guests, planning show content, developing franchise segments, and working with our sales team on sponsored content interviews. Planning and organizational skills are a must! The right candidate will also be ready to grow their writing and on-air interviewing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Organization skills are key – Ability to prioritize and schedule days in advance
- Deadline-driven and works well under pressure.
- Organize, plan & maintain show content calendar, book guests, and schedule segments.
- Deciding which segments, guests, and stories are of most interest to our audience.
- Greet and assist guests during show preparations, putting them at ease on camera.
- Research show topics and segment ideas for guests.
- Balance feature elements and sponsored content to create a compelling show.
- Assist with show scripts.
- Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment.
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Creative thinker who isn’t afraid to try new ideas.
- Fluency in English with strong spelling, grammar, and excellent communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned – flexibility and forward thinking are key.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer
Interested candidates should post their resume & cover letter when applying at MyStateline.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar