WKYC in Cleveland, OH is seeking a Multi-Skilled Journalist (MSJ) who knows the art of storytelling on both digital and on-air platforms. We want journalists who are able to shoot, write, edit, and produce enterprise content. Should be a strong communicator who can report news live and/or in a pre-recorded format. The MSJ will work closely with News Managers, News Producers, and other newsroom employees on story conception and development, and execution of the story.
In this role, you will:
- Enterprise stories and bring unique pitches to the table, focusing on ways to add context and include diverse voices. We want stories that stand out from the competition, not follow it.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit pieces in an exciting, unique and creative manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources that allow you to break stories.
- Write and post several times a day on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video and live news events.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Community and/or talent appearances
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- A portfolio with examples of strong storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit http://www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.